Sunday, May 23, 2010

Possible versus Im-possible

Today, I sent out my periodical email on ministry updates to my partners and I always send them a devotional to uplift, to empower them for the week ahead. When I was writing it, a soft voice inside of me said: “Share this with others - post it on your blog”. I obeyed and here it is.

The Bible says that nothing is impossible for God and it also says that everything is possible for him who believes. When God sent Moses to speak with pharaoh, Moses asked God for a name so that he could tell pharaoh who sent him. So God told Moses "say that I AM sent you".

Now look again to the word im-possible: I-M-possible. Got it?! God was saying that "with Me, through Me, by Me... everything is possible”. God was saying…"I AM POSSIBLE"! I hope that you got this one. This is a perfect parallel with God’s name, “El Shaddai”, which means: “The All-Sufficient One”, or, as brother Hagin designates it (which I love it): “The God Who Is More Than Enough”.

Another way to look at the word impossible is by analyzing the difference with the word possible. What is the difference? Can you find it? The difference between impossible and possible is I am. Not God but “I”. Got it? “I” am the difference, “I” am the one that stands between the need and the miracle, “I” am the one that is blocking God's active power to operate. “I”, “my ego”, “my unbelief”, “my fears” and “my doubts”. If I substitute (get out of the way) "I am" with "I AM", the possible will take place in my life, in my needs in my dreams and in my goals. Got it now? I hope so, I pray so.

If you have been blessed by this truth, do what I did. Share it with others.

.